I may have to go back a couple of years for this one and borrow one of my husband’s photos. I can’t believe that I had to go back to December 2005 for it.
York Minster - 30 December 2005
I received an email from the Daily Post 2011 team suggesting that I do a review of the year.
Remember when you first decided to take on the Post a Day/Week Challenge?
Well, you made it to the end — congratulations! Now is the perfect time to reflect on your 2011 in blogging, and your goals for 2012.
Here are eleven questions to help you determine your blogging strategy for the new year:
So, here are my answers to their questions:
- Why did you start the Post a Day/Week Challenge? I wanted help in posting something on my blog at least once a week.
- Describe the state of your blog at the time you started the challenge. It was very hit and miss, it still is most of the time.
- How did your blog evolve over the course of the challenge? I don’t know if it evolved but I am posting more pictures and have now reached 120 posts so I must have done something right.
- Did you post as often as you had hoped? Why or why not? I didn’t post as often as I’d hoped on the actual PostAWeek2011 category but I did post more about other stuff.
- What type of blogging strategy works best for you? Strategy? I’m supposed to have a strategy? Don’t tell me that! I don’t really have a strategy, I just blog when I have time and want to get something down on paper. I guess I should find a strategy for next year’s challenge of posting to my business blog once a week.
- If you could go back to the beginning, what would you do differently? I’m not sure I’d necessarily do anything differently apart from maybe taking part in all of the photo challenges – I liked most of those.
- What are you most proud of accomplishing this year? Planning, organising and enjoying our Disney trip for Becky’s and my birthdays. Hmm, that reminds me I still need to blog about that.
- Name 3 great blogs you discovered through the challenge. The Laughing Housewife – she makes me laugh and cry and think; Sarsm – I’ve only just discovered hers but I already love her honesty regarding living with a special child, I can relate; Becky – I haven’t discovered her through this challenge but I’ve read and paid attention more, I learned stuff that I didn’t know about my step-daughter.
- What surprised you about the challenge? That I actually enjoyed writing and blogging. I just need to make time in my week to do it.
- What advice would you give to others who want to blog regularly? Make time for it, even if you just set aside 15 minutes a day (or week) to do it. Remember you can write blogs now to post later by publishing at a day/time to suit you.
- What are your blogging goals for 2012? To blog on this blog an average of twice a week, blog on my business blog at least once a week, to start my new blog and blog on that once a month.
I just checked the number of Daily/Weekly Post entries I made in my blog and, to my surprise, I actually posted 51 entries. So, with this one, I will have blogged an average of once a week on the Daily/Weekly Post. Thank you Daily Post, I enjoyed it.
I haven’t used a daily post prompt (except for the photo challenge) for a while but I thought I’d do this one which appeared in my inbox late yesterday.
What will you try to do everyday next year?
Since you were crazy enough to try, or hang out with people trying, to blog every day, what are you thinking of doing every day, or week, next year?
Well, I have just started my 101 tasks in 1001 days and a couple of my tasks include doing something for 300 days, well that’s nearly a year, and if I can manage to do them for 300 days then why not 366? So, here is what I am going to do every day next year:
- Eat breakfast every day not just on school/work days
- Drink at least 8 cups of water
- Do at least 10 minutes of exercise every day
Hopefully this will lead to a healthier 2012.
I was just looking through my blog and realised that, until yesterday, I hadn’t posted a photo challenge since 3 December which meant that I had missed one. I found it – Celebration. As many of you will know from my previous photo posts, I am Disney mad and love nothing better than going to “The Happiest Place on Earth”. We were fortunate enough to go for Christmas one year so I have used photos of the Christmas celebrations at the Magic Kingdom and the Gingerbread House at the Boardwalk Resort.
Christmas at the Magic Kingdom
Gingerbread House at the Boardwalk Resort, Walt Disney World
This week’s daily post photo challenge was to take a photo of me and post it. As Christmas is just around the corner, you get to see me in my Disney Christmas hat.
I hope this works as I am posting this from my phone.
My family celebrating my 40th birthday
This week’s photo challenge is “Entrance” and since I happen to have some lovely entrance photos anyway I thought I’d take part in this one. Now the question is, which entrance do I choose? Hmm…
I guess I’ll choose 5 of my favourite entrances then. All at the “Happiest Place on Earth”, Walt Disney World.