I haven’t been doing well on the healthy eating and exercise front. August is always hard for me, it shouldn’t be because I come up against the same “problems” every year, but it is. A lot of it is me and my mindset – it’s Summer holidays and my son is off school so I can’t go to the gym or out running or everything else that I do while he is at school so it is an excuse for me to slacken off a bit. Add in to the mix, my husband working away from home so I can get away with baking a bit more without sabotaging his weight loss – just my own – and I really am on a slippery slope.
I’d like to say I did better this year but I’m not sure that I did. So, what did I do?
- I got to my goal weight at WeightWatchers at the end of July and in order to qualify for my Gold Membership and free weigh-ins I had to go and get weighed every week for 5 weeks. I also have to stay within 5 lbs of my goal weight. I did this, and stayed within 3 lbs of my goal weight. Big tick!
- I ran the York 10K with my son on 3rd August and finished with a new PB 😀
- I walked to work and back (5km each way) at least 3 days a week for the 5 weeks of the school holidays 🙂
What didn’t I do?
- I haven’t been to the gym since mid-July and as a consequence haven’t done any strength training and very little stretching.
- I have eaten a lot of what I shouldn’t so am very surprised that I have managed to maintain my weight within 3 lbs of my goal weight.
What am I going to do in September?
- I am starting Forever Living’s Clean 9 detox on Monday. A friend of mine is a distributor for Forever and I have done it before. I am not going to be following it religiously, the bee pollen tablets which they tell you to take made me feel very sick so I’m giving those a miss. I’m also going to allow myself to have the “free” fruit/veg that I would be allowed on WeightWatchers if I feel hungry.
- Although I can’t go back to the gym until Adam starts college in mid-September, I am going to do at least 10 minutes (preferably 30 minutes) of exercise every day. Either an exercise DVD, walking, running (parkrun), yoga etc.
- I am still going to go for my weekly WeightWatchers weigh-ins and, maybe, I’ll get back to my goal weight or even below it.
- I am going to keep a food/exercise diary.
Wish me luck, I think I’m going to need it.