I’ve been nominated for 2 awards by the lovely Helen at 26to12 – another weight loss blog. Apparently I am a “Very Inspiring Blogger”. Who knew? Well, my readers obviously because I didn’t. I never set out to be inspiring, in fact I didn’t think anyone would actually read what I wrote, let alone come back for more! Helen also nominated me for the Liebster Award which I have already accepted, twice!
However, I have decided not to accept this award or put the logo on my sidebar and I’ll explain why. Whilst I am very flattered and gobsmacked and (looking for more adjectives and coming up short!) … I can’t meet all of the Rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger award (you can see them below) – I can do all of them except number 4. I don’t follow enough blogs or read the ones I do follow enough to find them inspiring. I have met all of the other ones and have listed a few blogs which I do find inspiring but I’m not “nominating” them as I can’t pass this on properly, and most of them have been nominated by Helen anyway!
Anyway, the rules (copied and pasted from Helen’s blog):
1.Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
1 – done, see above
2 – done, see above
3 – Seven facts about me:
- I failed all 3 A-Levels when I was 18 but returned to education 14 years later and got my degree in Sport and Exercise Science when I was 35.
- I will have been married for 21 years on Thursday.
- If you don’t know this one, you should – I love Disney! Fortunately, so does my son and my husband has come around so we go to a Disney Park on holiday at least once every 2 to 3 years 😀
- I went to boarding school from the age of 10 to 18 and lived in 3 different countries during that time.
- My son has a learning disability – we don’t actually know what causes it as the syndrome has not been discovered yet but it is probably genetic.
- I love baking, and eating, cakes and biscuits. Unfortunately, due to the love eating part I don’t bake as much as I would like because I don’t have the opportunity to give them away too often. I always bake for our training days at work though – it helps to bribe the staff and volunteers to actually do some work 😉
- I don’t drink or smoke but I do eat chocolate – we all have to have one vice, don’t we?
4 – Nominate 15 other bloggers – I’m not doing this properly, see above but the blogs I find inspiring are, in no particular order:
5 – Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you – I’ve already said that I’m not going to display the award as I’m not accepting it properly, but if I did it would be displayed proudly. I already follow the blogger who nominated me.
Now, for the Liebster Award. As I have already had this award twice, I’m not nominating bloggers again. I will, however, answer Helen’s questions.
1) Where is your favourite place?
Any of the Disney theme parks, of course.
2) Who is the best Bond?
This one is tough. Pierce Brosnan got me interested in James Bond when I had been put off for life after watching Live and Let Die when I was quite young. I do really like Daniel Craig’s Bond too.
3) Name three things that you are proud of.
Getting my degree at age 35 after failing my A-Levels at 18
Working for a small, local charity
4) What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Probably something my husband did or my son said but I can’t remember what.
5) Do you do any regular exercise/sport?
I try to have a training session with my Personal Trainer once a week and also take part in parkrun with my son, when it’s on, every Saturday. I also walk to work twice a week, unless it is chucking it with rain or I decide to go swimming instead.
6) Do you have any pets?
Not anymore, unless you count the spider who lives in the door mirror of my car.
7) What would you do in the event of a zombie apocalypse?
Phone my step-son to ask his advice.
8) What was the last book that you read and enjoyed?
Die Trying by Lee Child
9) What annoys or irritates you?
Bad grammar and spelling – especially apostrophes where they shouldn’t be and the wrong version of a word such as their, there or they’re.
It also bugs me when driving instructors don’t reverse their cars into parking spaces – it is part of the driving test. If they can’t do it, can they teach it?
10) If there was a movie of your life, what would it be called and who would play you?
I have absolutely no idea. Why would there be a movie of my life? I don’t want there to be a movie of my life! Sorry, I know that is a cop-out but I just can’t think of a title or an actor/actress to play me.