I’ve been doing my 101 tasks in 1001 days for just over 6 months now so thought I should probably write an update. This list has changed and grown, just as well as I only started with 42 items on my list. I’ve taken some things off the list as I decided that they were either too unrealistic or I probably wasn’t going to even attempt to reach them – I’d just put them on the make up the numbers at the time. If you want to see my current list, you can find it on my 101 in 1001 page.
So, what have I achieved in the past 6 months?
I now have 91 items on my “to do” list and have completed 14 of them:
- Set a start date and calculate the end date – yes, I know this was cheating and if I manage to think of another 11 items I’ll take it off
- Make a list of 50 things about me for my blog
- Inspire someone else to participate in 101 in 1001
- Bake and decorate cupcakes
- Select photos to print and go in 2011 Disney holiday frame, complete frame
- Collect 20 different flags on my blog
- Make a custom recipe book for someone
- Complete the Swimathon, again
- Put all reference books from my PA Diploma course in the loft
- Make a list of my top 30 music artists/songs and blog about them
- Make a list of my top 10 things to do at Disney World outside of the 4 main parks
- Collect 50 flags for my blog
- Go to the cinema by myself
- Complete Flylady’s baby steps
Some of my tasks will be running for the whole of the 1001 days and they are well on track:
- Save £1 for each challenge completed – £14 collected
- Get my hair cut 4 times a year, I have already done 2/11 and have an appointment for number 3 next week
- Put money I would have used to buy a lottery ticket in a jar every week, I have done this every week
- Save 10% of my salary each month, I have done this every month
- Put all loose change into a money jar every week and DO NOT TOUCH, I have done this every week
Other tasks which are on their way are:
- Go for dinner 15 times – 5 done
- Virtual walk from home to Walt Disney World – 1278.73/6882km done – only 5,603.27km to go!
- Read 101 new books – 40 books read
- Watch 101 new films/DVDs – 32 watched
- Eat breakfast every day for 300 days – 197 days completed
- Exercise for at least 10 minutes every day for 300 days – 197 days completed
- Drink at least 8 cups of water a day for 300 days – 197 days completed
- Post on Your PA Solution blog once a week for a year – 24/52 done
I was unable to complete the Race for Life this year as my son’s Open Evening was on the same day. Oh well, there’s always next year.