I received an email from the Daily Post 2011 team suggesting that I do a review of the year.
Remember when you first decided to take on the Post a Day/Week Challenge?
Well, you made it to the end — congratulations! Now is the perfect time to reflect on your 2011 in blogging, and your goals for 2012.
Here are eleven questions to help you determine your blogging strategy for the new year:
So, here are my answers to their questions:
- Why did you start the Post a Day/Week Challenge? I wanted help in posting something on my blog at least once a week.
- Describe the state of your blog at the time you started the challenge. It was very hit and miss, it still is most of the time.
- How did your blog evolve over the course of the challenge? I don’t know if it evolved but I am posting more pictures and have now reached 120 posts so I must have done something right.
- Did you post as often as you had hoped? Why or why not? I didn’t post as often as I’d hoped on the actual PostAWeek2011 category but I did post more about other stuff.
- What type of blogging strategy works best for you? Strategy? I’m supposed to have a strategy? Don’t tell me that! I don’t really have a strategy, I just blog when I have time and want to get something down on paper. I guess I should find a strategy for next year’s challenge of posting to my business blog once a week.
- If you could go back to the beginning, what would you do differently? I’m not sure I’d necessarily do anything differently apart from maybe taking part in all of the photo challenges – I liked most of those.
- What are you most proud of accomplishing this year? Planning, organising and enjoying our Disney trip for Becky’s and my birthdays. Hmm, that reminds me I still need to blog about that.
- Name 3 great blogs you discovered through the challenge. The Laughing Housewife – she makes me laugh and cry and think; Sarsm – I’ve only just discovered hers but I already love her honesty regarding living with a special child, I can relate; Becky – I haven’t discovered her through this challenge but I’ve read and paid attention more, I learned stuff that I didn’t know about my step-daughter.
- What surprised you about the challenge? That I actually enjoyed writing and blogging. I just need to make time in my week to do it.
- What advice would you give to others who want to blog regularly? Make time for it, even if you just set aside 15 minutes a day (or week) to do it. Remember you can write blogs now to post later by publishing at a day/time to suit you.
- What are your blogging goals for 2012? To blog on this blog an average of twice a week, blog on my business blog at least once a week, to start my new blog and blog on that once a month.
I just checked the number of Daily/Weekly Post entries I made in my blog and, to my surprise, I actually posted 51 entries. So, with this one, I will have blogged an average of once a week on the Daily/Weekly Post. Thank you Daily Post, I enjoyed it.