What would it take to get you to move? If someone you trusted offered you $1000 to move to a different city, would that be enough? More? Or would you need other things (the promise of friends or better weather?) What would they need to offer you before you’d instantly say yes? Or if you already want to move, what would it take to get you to stay?
Move? Are you kidding me? Actually, I might if the incentive was right but it would take a lot. We moved to where we are now 10 years ago and that wasn’t a little move. We moved 240 miles to give our son a better area to live/grow up in and now it would be hard to move again.
I’d move house, maybe, but not away from the city where we live unless:
- I could guarantee support for my son while he finishes school
- I could guarantee support for my son when he finishes school and that he has good options when he finishes
- I could guarantee supported working and living for my son
- I could get a job which is as satisfying as the one I have now
- My husband could get a job doing what he loves – driver training and driving instructor training
- I had enough rooms to have an office and a couple of spare rooms. It might be nice to have the step-daughter and step-son without them having to sleep on the settee. It would also be nice to have a dining room again.
- $1,000 wouldn’t be enough, that’s only £632 approx. That wouldn’t even pay for the solicitors fees!